Reminiscing about one thing and another, my wife recently mentioned an elderly lady in her neighborhood that had a little candy store set up in her home. I'm not sure if I want to write a story that focuses on her, or a story about the kids who bought candy from her, or what. I just like the wish-fulfillment image, maybe cheerful, maybe melancholy, of a neighbor with candy set up in rows on a card table in her living room, the Hummel figurines and wing-back chairs, the big mirror on the wall and the crowd of family photos—or maybe none. We'll see.
Reminiscing about one thing and another, my wife recently mentioned an elderly lady in her neighborhood that had a little candy store set up in her home. I'm not sure if I want to write a story that focuses on her, or a story about the kids who bought candy from her, or what. I just like the wish-fulfillment image, maybe cheerful, maybe melancholy, of a neighbor with candy set up in rows on a card table in her living room, the Hummel figurines and wing-back chairs, the big mirror on the wall and the crowd of family photos—or maybe none. We'll see.
Comments